Saturday, January 29, 2011

James and Becky's Wedding

Liz and Wes at the reception- she looked lovely and I thought he looked so handsome in his look jacket!


Aunt Marcia and Sadie- we never did get a picture of Sadie in her new party dress- we will have to take one later and add it to this post.


Becky and her Grandpa Turley


Becky and Grandpa Beus


Chad is so handsome- he is in Utah working on his Master's degree and while we are very proud of him, we do miss him and selfishly wish he would move back to Arizona!



Grandpa and Maryjane- she took Wes out for a spin on the dance floor and while they both had a good time she was surprised by what a solid little boy he was.


Uncle Sterling and Becky


The moment of truth when you hope the little discussion you had about not smashing the cake really proves to have been effective. I was a little nervous because Becky wanted chocolate cake with chocolate filling and chocolate frosting- I had asked her about the potential for the cake to be smashed on her because white cakes doesn't stain wedding dresses quite like chocolate cake- she assured me that there would be no smashing and thankfully she was right!


Cutting the cake




I think moments like this are just as enjoyable as the big party itself. We were at the reception site early due to setting up the cake and Chad was there and then James and Becky came by for pictures and we were able to visit and watch the cutest babies on earth practice rolling over. With so many people wanting to celebrate with them I felt lucky to have a few moments with them all to myself!




The reception was so beautiful and there were many personal touches throughout the night- they had James and Becky's favorite candies for people to enjoy, pictures from their childhood on display, all the little girl cousins were in matching outfits and the hot chocolate and doughnuts were delicious!


This rug was great with the cake- a last minute idea by James' mom and it looked wonderful.



This is by far the best and hardest cake I have done and I am now retired for a few years. They were married on December 30th and I am still trying to find all the pictures at the temple, but there was a huge snow storm, many roads were closed and we were not sure that we were going to make it. Even the temple was closed that day but the temple president had called that morning to say that they would open for the two sealings only. We were so happy to make this cake for Becky and so glad that it could turn out just as she wanted.



Buck worked just as hard on the cake as I did and it was his wrapping and packaging that allowed the cake to arrive intact. Somewhere there are more detailed pictures of the cake- she has great taste and knew what she wanted- it was fun to make such a beautiful cake and was a good challenge for us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers