Monday, December 13, 2010

Go Sooners!


Our sweet Sadie!





Saturday morning has found a new tradition in the Cotter home. I get home from work and sleep a few hours before working that night- Buck watches college football with the kids. Our friends in Oklahoma sent us OU outfits and many Saturdays the kids wear them. I am so happy that we have captured Sadie smiling on camera! I remember the morning when she smiled in response to me- or on purpose. I was so tired and it was very early- she was around 10 weeks old I think- I felt so exhausted and while I was arranging everything to feed her I looked down and she was looking straight at me and just smiling away. I thanked her for smiling and told her how much it helped me and gave me more energy to see her smile. Seeing her smile that morning re-affirmed to me that indeed I could be a mother and that everything really was going to be okay. A few days later when Wes smiled I felt the huge wave of emotion all over again. We have such limited communication with the babies- we wish we knew what they were trying to tell us, that seeing them smile or when they reach out and touch my arm or my face, I feel that in our own way we are able to communicate and are learning to understand them. We are so blessed to have them!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Sadie plays hard to get with her smiles...it will be fun to tease her about her serious face when she get's older + she'll win every staring contest:)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers